- Scissor Lift General Overview
- Key Features of Scissor Lift
- Scissor Lift Specifications
- Scissor Lift Price
- Lift Reach
- Lift Scissor Options
- Scissor Lift Support
- Photos of Scissor Lift
- Scissor Lift Dealer location
- Scissor Lift Video
- Review of Scissor Lift Expert
What is Scissor lift?
A motorized vehicle with a railed platform that can be raised straight up is known as a scissor lift. A scissor lift is a type of platform that can usually only move vertically. The mechanism to achieve this is the use of linked, folding supports in a criss-cross “X” pattern, known as a pantograph.
- The Scissor Lift was first patented in 1963 by Charles Larson in the USA.
- Scissor lifts provide a mobile means of reaching areas that are very high. In the materials handling industry, these include the tops of storage racks.
- Anywhere you need to reach high up and you would traditionally use a ladder, small scaffolding or tower, you can use a scissor lift instead.
- The advantages of a scissor lift over ladders or scaffolding is security and speed
Scissor lifts General Overview
Scissor lifts use a lifting mechanism consisting of a stack of cross tubes working in a scissor-like fashion when the operator raises or lowers the platform.
Use of Scissor lift: Scissor lifts vary from smaller versions you can move around indoors and run on electric motors, through to large, off-road versions for building sites or grounds-keeping which run on diesel, petrol or hybrid engines.
Types of scissor lift
1). Slab Scissor Lifts
Slab scissor lifts are the industry solution for increasing work site productivity. Ideal for maneuvering in tight spaces, they’re excellent for indoor and outdoor construction, maintenance and installation applications with ﬁrm, level surfaces. This is a one type of the scissor lift.
2). Rough Terrain Scissor Lifts
Rough terrain scissor lifts are tough, construction-oriented four-wheel drive machines with positive traction control ideal for increasing productivity in demanding outdoor workouts.
3). Electric Scissor Lifts
This Lifts are typically used in ‘flat slab’ applications. There are many height & width configurations, making the use of the Electric Scissor Lift suitable in a wide variety of environments. Zero emissions for indoor use & low noise levels are key advantages.
These machines are designed so you have fewer scheduled services, a quieter work area, less dependency on hydraulic oils and zero emissions. Also, the innovative operator controls and compact dimensions make this series extremely mobile.
Scissor lifts key Features
- Quieter, cleaner operation for a variety of environments
- Narrow width fits through most standard doorways and tight aisles
- Large work platform and 1,250 lb platform capacity so you can be more productive
- Standard four wheel drive and 35 percent gradeability keep you going
- Electric drive and integrated components with only two hydraulic hoses and four hydraulic fittings on the entire machine will keep you on the job longer and reduce your operating costs by reducing the chances for leaks and service calls
Different type of lift scissor
- Hydraulic Scissor Lift Table
- High Table Scissor Raised Lift
- Zero Level Scissors Lift
- Railings Scissors Lift
- Ramp Mobile Scissors Lift
- Pit Mounted Scissors Lift
- Collapsible Gates Scissors Lifts
- High Rise Scissors Lift
- Double Lift Scissors
- Heavy Duty Scissor Lift
- Scissor Platform Lift
- Low Rise Lift Scissor
- Roller Ball Platform Scissor Lift
- Rotating Scissor Platform Lift
- Mobile Lift Scissors
- Multi Scissor Lifting
- Hydraulic Scissor Lift
- High Scissor Lift
- Scissors Platform Lift
- Scissors Lift
- Industrial Scissor Lift
- Rotating Platform Scissors Lift
Scissor lifts specifications
- Working Height: 21 ft (6.57 m) to 46 ft (14.02 m)
- Weight: 10ton
- Lift Capacity: 500 lbs (227 kg) to 1500 lbs (680 kg)
- Ground clearance: 3.9 in 100 mm
- Suitable for lifting heavy loads to higher heights
- Vertical movement of Heavy duty equipment
- Railings available in various kinds
- Fast installation
- Heavy goods vertical movement on a platform with wheels fitted with a ramp for easier loading & unloading
- Movement either Manual or Motorized
- Low maintenance cost and easy installation
System Voltage: 24 V
Number of Batteries: 4
Scissor lifts safety Features:
- Limit Switch for Raised Height
- Emergency Lowering
- Remote Operated & Control Panel Operation for Up and Down Movement
- Flow Control Valve for Speed Reduction during Lowering
- Hand Railing of 1 meter height on all sides
- Out Riggers Jacks for Stability of the Scissor Lift
- Emergency Stop
Scissor lifts Price
A new, 19-foot lift will cost about $12,000 to $14,000 and a new 30-foot lift costs about $20,000 to $24,000. Scissor lifts are much more inexpensive than boom lifts and if you can safely complete your job with a scissor lift you can save yourself thousands of dollars.
Scissor Lift Rental Average Costs
Generally, scissor lifts can be rented for $100 to $150 per day or about $350 to $500 per week. Monthly rates range from about $800 for the smallest slab lifts to more than $1,500 for mid-sized rough terrain lifts.
Options of scissor lift
- Flashing light
- Travel alarm
- Working light
- Power to platform
- Biodegradable hydraulic oil
- Centralized battery filling
Photos of scissor lift
Scissor lifts Reach
It’s assist in reach and lifting capacity. Scissor Lifts are available in a variety of heights as well as in indoor, outdoor and rough terrain variations
lifts Scissor manufactures companies
Genie: Genie has been manufacturing aerial lifting machinery since 1966 and became a Terex Corp. Brand in 2002. Genie’s selection of slab and all-terrain scissor lifts offer a variety of solutions for different lifting jobs.
JLG: is an American designer and manufacturer of access equipment that was founded in 1969 and now distributes products across the globe. JLG offers electric and diesel engine scissor lifts available in slab and all-terrain models.
Snorkel: Snorkel has been in the material handling and aerial platform business for over 60 years, keeping innovation and customer service at the forefront of its priorities. Snorkel sells slab, rough terrain and mini scissor lifts.
Headquartered: in Kerman, California, MEC Aerial Work Platforms has been in the material handling and access machinery business for over 40 years. MEC sells electric and engine-powered slab and rough terrain scissor lifts.
The Dingli Machinery: company was founded in 2002 and operates in the Zhejiang province of China. Dingli manufactures and distributes several aerial platforms, including electric and engine drive scissor lifts, across the world.
Different Model of scissor lift
- 2015 GENIE GS3232 SCISSOR LIFTS
- 2017 GENIE GS3232 SCISSOR LIFTS
- 2016 GENIE GS2632 LIFTS SCISSOR
- 2004 JLG 3394RT SCISSOR LIFTS
- 2000 JLG 400CRT SCISSOR LIFTS
- 2016 JLG 2632ES LIFTS SCISSOR
- 2007 SNORKEL S1930 SCISSOR LIFTS
Scissor lifts dealer location
The Maltings, Wharf Road
Grantham, UK NG31 6BH
0044 (0)1476 584333
TEREX MIDDLE EAST LLC
PO Box 282325
DUBAI, UAE 282325
+971 4 399 0381
400 PORT BAGIAL BLVD
CRAIG, AK 99921
11250 EAST 40TH AVENUE
DENVER, CO 80239
Mile High Forklift
1609 E 58th Ave unit F
Denver, CO 80216
Video of scissor lifts
Video credit: Durante Rentals
Use of lift Scissor
The Scissor lift is widely used in warehouse, airports, railway stations, factories, exhibition halls, hotels, hospitals, shopping malls, stadiums and other places of high altitude for inspection, installation, maintenance, decoration, cleaning etc.